Waveforms & memory

From: Paul Munsey <73053.721@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri Oct 21 1994 - 23:17:46 PDT

Stephen,

   Big booboo on this one. You are completely correct on the waveform problems.
I think I can safely say that most if not all waveform testing will be useless. I looked
in the sources that were used to build the beta and found a mistake that didn't exist
in a copy from a few days earlier. I guess one of those last minute cut and pastes
didn't do what I hoped. It's fixed now; maybe we should talk in Friday's meeting
about another beta.

  On another topic, I tried your 82378zb.ibs file on my PC and it worked fine (with
the exception of the 2 3-State errors). I tried it with the same ibis_chk.exe that was
sent with beta. I have a 386 with 8MB of memory and plenty of disk space. This
makes me curious if the same executable is failing on your PC (with 16MB) and not
on mine (with 8MB). Any clues anyone? I'd be interested in getting Bob Ross's
larger file and seeing what happens.

Paul Munsey