Proposed IBIS librarian protocol

From: Jon Powell <uunet!qdt.com!jonp@uunet.uu.net>
Date: Fri Sep 16 1994 - 06:14:38 PDT

I have one question about this general procedure and I will
admit it is a somewhat esoteric one.

Should IBIS make any attempts to verify that released models are
indeed being release from a given company. For Instance, how do we
know that Will Hobbs is indeed representing INTEL in this venture.
He is not a company officer nor (to my knowledge) have we had official
INTEL correspondence to the IBIS committee. Do we allow anyone who
represents themselves as being from a company to submit models or should
they have some official blessing from their company?

For instance, what if Steven decides he doesn't like Wills model and releases
a new one to replace it.

I am not actually trying to make trouble but rather avoid it by
going and looking for it.

cheers,
jonp