Re: IBIS Questions???

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Tue Apr 18 1995 - 10:49:00 PDT

Gurjit:

To be IBIS compatible, it is required to have all the models that are
called by a pin model to reside in the same file. It is permissible to for
the file to contain models that are not referenced by the pin models, but
not visa-versa. Since you are dealing with only 6 or 7 I/O pin models,
you should be able to add them to the pin model file or else split the
pin model file into several files, each containing the same set of I/O pin
models.

Regarding C_comp, most data books describe the Cin and Cout paramters as the
device or die capacitance. This is the same as C_comp. Actually, C_comp
can be viewed as an effective or equivalent die capacitance which is the
summation of all possible contributions including diffusion capacitances
and metalization. Based on theory, the actual capacitance can vary with
voltage and operating conditions, but an effective fixed capacitance such as
found in data books or obtained by using some extraction method provides the
C_comp for IBIS models.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.
(503) 603-2523