Re: EGG for Transmision Line Package Models

From: Stephen Peters <speters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Tue Apr 25 1995 - 09:47:03 PDT

Hello Kumar:

     Thanks for your comments. You are correct -- what we are trying
to describe is a open ended circuit topology and by incorporating
a full (perhaps SPICE?) netlist description of the interconnection into
the .pkg file we would have a general solution. However, I am
unsure on one point. How do you describe coupling between transmission
lines using just a topological description of the circuit? Does the user have
to build a circuit where L's and C's are added between all the coupled nodes (and
does this really represent the coupling in the form the simulator tools need
and use) or are the matrixes still required? If they are required, how do
you indicate which circuit elements the matrix is trying to describe the coupling
between? Just some food for thought.....

         Regards,
         Stephen