Comments about IBIS (EIA-656) specification

From: Dileep Divekar <dileep@contec.contec.COM>
Date: Mon Aug 07 1995 - 00:07:18 PDT

Comment about keyword [Model] (Page 12):

If I look at the explanation of model types Open_drain and Open_source
from the point of view of the output stage being a cmos inverter, then
I can understand it. But if I look at the type Open_sink from the
point of view of the output stage sourcing or sinking current, then
the explanation seems backwards. Generally, the top device (pullup)
sources current and the bottom device (pulldown) sinks current.
Therefore, I would have thought that Open_sink model type will
not have the Pulldown table, but the explanation says not to use
Pullup table.
One possible solution is instead of introducing the new keyword
Open_sink, it may be more intuitive if new keywords Open_pullup
and Open_pulldown are introduced,

Other:
Are blank lines allowed in ibis files?
For nonblank lines, is it necessary to have a non white space
character as the first character?

Dileep Divekar
Contec CAE, Ltd.
2188 Bering Drive