(no subject)

From: Jon Powell <uunet!qdt.com!jonp@uunet.uu.net>
Date: Thu Aug 17 1995 - 09:49:16 PDT

The problem isn't that IBIS cannot handle non-monotonic drivers. The problem is
more that the silicon vendors have not yet supplied the necessary information about
their devices that would let anyone figure out how to model them. Detailed SPICE
models that reliably predict behavior would be necessary in order for the IBIS committe
to come up with an acceptable methodology to perform behavioral modeling. Current versions
of these drivers are so secret that we are not even sure we can admit that we know they
are secret.

jon powell
Quad Design