Re: CFI, EDAC, and Sematech

From: MR RONALD J CHRISTOPHER <EGJJ77A@prodigy.com>
Date: Mon Aug 21 1995 - 07:00:03 PDT

-- [ From: Ron Christopher * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Fred,

My answers reflect my understanding and may not be precise.

CFI stands for CAD (Computer Aided Design) Framework Initiative. It is
a consortium of design automation companies. CFI coordinates
development of standards in design automation. They started out in
frameworks but then spread into design representation. They have a WWW
home page at www.cfi.org for a lot more information.

EDAC stands for Engineering Design Automation Companies and is made up
of those companies.

Sematech is a consortium of companies and partly funded by the
government (or used to be) to advance the computer manufacturing
capabilities and now branching into the computer aided design area
because the computer aided design capabilities are not keeping up with
the technology advances.

Ron Christopher