Models under NDA

From: Stephen Peters <speters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Tue Aug 22 1995 - 17:38:00 PDT

Hello Dileep, Don:

     The fact that an IBIS model for a particular device is
available only under NDA may simply mean that the part is
not publicly available yet. Think how a manufacture treates
an advanced product specification or pinlist -- they are
made available only under NDA, and the IBIS model is just
another piece of information of that type. The core thing
to remember is that after a part is released an IBIS model
can be made public (just like the final data sheet) and the
manufacture does not have to worry about giving away his/her
I/O buffer design and process.

          Regards,
          Stephen Peters
          Intel Corp.