Re[4]: GND Plane Bounce Question

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: Wed Aug 23 1995 - 10:14:00 PDT

Text item:

Sung,

I have a hard time to believe that an active probe with a few tenths of pF will
have an effect like that. On the other hand, the GND lead of the probe might
give an extra path to the GND currents, which might reduce the bounce some.

Arpad

Samie,

I agree. However, it is not a matter of where you measure.
As soon as your prober touches the bit of interest, SSO noise will
be reduced because of the current through the prober capacitor
to the ground plane. In that case, true Tco will be in question.

Regards,

Sung Oh
VLSI Technology, Inc.

Text item: External Message Header