Re: Non Monotonic Drivers

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: Thu Aug 31 1995 - 08:35:00 PDT

Text item:

To all,

I think we should keep this topic (non-monotonic stuff) whithin the IBIS Open
Forum and not take it outside. Though not many might be interested in this
subject today (even thogh I question that), it has surfaced enough times that
all participants involved in the meetings should hear the discussion. I also
feel that this is another major area (besides broader package descriptions)
which IBIS 3.0 might have to address.

Arpad
-- [ From: Ron Christopher * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Will Hobbs,

I recommend a teleconference call be set up just on this subject. One
suggestion would be the first hour of your 9/15 meeting, or it could be
a separate teleconference call, but all those participating on the
reflector must be committed to be present.

I see in the discussion insufficient user request to justify the
necessary study, but I also see a whole foundry not supporting IBIS
because of this problem. This seems inconsistent. Users can get
around the problem today with SPICE models and NDA agreements, but this
will not be adequate as reuse and interoperability of signal integrity
tools increases.

Ron Christopher

Text item: External Message Header