Re: EGG9 and C_comp

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Mon Dec 11 1995 - 17:30:00 PST

Arpad, Stephen and Jon and All:

My IBIS model diagram is in error since C_comp does go to
ground in all cases. However, for the purposes of Time response
simulation, the C_comp and/or Ct could go to any reference voltage.
The main idea is that both the [Gnd Clamp] and [Power Clamp] diodes may
independently contribute to stored charge effects.

The discussion that is taking place is showing the importance of
understanding the details and assumptions of the Spice and IBIS models.
I do not think we are in technical disagreement. I think the value and
position of Rs or its effective value within tables can be important for
properly handing the stored charge effects and time constants. The
real concerns are: is the proposed approach accurate enough?, or what
alternative approach would be better - within the IBIS framework?

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.