Re: Clarifications on IBIS standard

From: Fred Vance <fvance@FirePower.COM>
Date: Thu Feb 02 1995 - 12:12:33 PST

Raj,

Items 3 through 5 are also of interest to me. I too have been wondering if
ibis@vhdl.org is the proper forum for those of us who are interested in the
application of IBIS data rather than the creation of IBIS data and standards.

It seems to me from the regular IBIS participation that there are mostly
representatives of IC and EDA tools vendors. I am sure that the tool vendors will
eventually offer means of using IBIS data with their tools. In the meantime, some
of the tool users (like me) must be struggling along trying to use IBIS data as it
becomes available (and changes form).

I recently subscribed to the SI reflector, si-list@silab.Eng.Sun.COM (subscribe to
si-admin@silab.eng.sun.com), but in the past two weeks, I've seen very little
discussion, an nothing relating to IBIS use.

If you want, I could let you know what I've been doing with IBIS data, but maybe I
should take it off-line.

I would like to hear opionions regarding the proper forum for IBIS use from all
you IBISians and SI-listians out there.

Fred
  fvance@FirePower.com
  FirePower Systems, Inc.