Model Mapping Question

From: John Berrie <johnb@redpo.redac.co.uk>
Date: Thu Feb 09 1995 - 05:46:10 PST

Dear Ibisians,
Could anyone help me with a simple query ?
The IBIS models I have seen all contain a mapping from pins to
driver/receiver models which are then defined in the same file.
It is, however, sometimes desirable to define this mapping directly in a
component library. Is it reasonable to allow specification of the
driver/receiver model name directly on the pins in the library as an
alternative to referencing the models at the component level, or could
there be a name clash with another model using the same name for a
different characteristic ?
Presumably, this could be overcome by also specifying the model at the
component level, but what if none exists but we want to specify a driver
model at the pin level which is defined somewhere else ?

Thank you in advance for your anticipated help.

John

Best Regards,

John

John Berrie, Chief Application Engineer