Re: Quest for IBIS models

From: Fred Vance <fvance@FirePower.COM>
Date: Thu Feb 09 1995 - 17:02:23 PST

Jon,

I stand corrected. I hold too limited a view of a model. Information for the behavioral
specification of IC I/O analog characteristics is indeed a model.

I tend to think of a model as something that I can use directly to analyze and/or simulate
circuitry, like an XTK model or a SPICE model.

Thanks for the tip on IBIS2XTK. I've had XNS ver. 5.3 installed for a month now and didn't
realize it was there. I notice that it was available in ver. 5.2, but for some reason, I missed
that version. I'll give IBIS2XTK a try on some of my IBIS data.

For all my SPICE models, do you recommend using S2IBIS and IBIS2XTK or just SPI2MOD?

I'm working on getting an updated version of HSPICE, maybe they will have a converter as you
say and life will be much easier. I sincerely look forward to the day when everyone provides
IBIS information... I mean models.

Regards,
Fred
FirePower Systems, Inc.