Re: Bugs in latest version of Parser. I just got it today.

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: Tue Feb 28 1995 - 11:26:12 PST

Text item:

Kellee,

According to IBIS1_1 and 2.1, the file names must be lower case. However, in
the DOS and Windows world this does not make sense, and some times causes
problems (I don't want to go into the details here, but I can explain it again
if you want to know about it). In one of the Open Forum meetings I specifically
requested that they should compile it case insensitive for the DOS/Windows
environment to avoid those issues to which we all agreed to.

What platform did you try it on? If it was on DOS/Windows machine, I feel they
should make it case insensitive, othervise the all-lower case is the way it
should be.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation

IBISCHK2 ver 2.1d received 2-28-95, Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.
bugs:
 1) File extension should be case insensitive. If extension has different
case then file the program DOES NOT RUN.
 2) File name should be case insensitive >
    e.g. File name opened 'ALTERA.ibs' not the same as File_name 'altera.ibs'.
    The parser runs on the file but gives an error message. A warning
would ok.
 3) Spelling error > Bandwidth is miss spelled as Bandidth in an error message
        e.g. ERROR (line 1363) - Bandidth keyword in wrong location.
 4) When tested with file ver_2.ibs which was on the disk with parser the
    parser asserted -> program bug at line 568 or file PKGMDL.c

I am still testing, but I thought I would make an early post to indicate
that there are still
bugs which must be fixed.
Have a great day...

Text item: External Message Header