Re[2]: Temperature interpolation for T-V curves?

From: Will Hobbs <Will_Hobbs@ccm2.jf.intel.com>
Date: Tue Jan 17 1995 - 16:24:20 PST

Text item:

Bob, Kumar,

It's Bird time. Would someone like to generate it?

Will

Chris and IBIS Committee:

You are right, I can find no reference describing under what conditions
the T-V data is taken. However, a reasonable assumption is that it should
be taken under exactly the same conditions as the [Ramp] data (which also
are the same conditions for the V-I tables). This allows total consistency
of V-I data, T-V data and [Ramp] data for the min and max columns. This
is the most reasonable assumption for processing IBIS data and for automatically
generating IBIS models.

This relates also to an issue I discussed with Stephen Peters regarding whether
C_comp min and max values also should be aligned to the Voltage/Temperature
conditions. This issue has additional complications if the data is not
available from Spice models or measurement.

I think it is reasonable to make such a correction to IBIS. Perhaps
a Version 2.2
release for minor typos and some completeness-clarification remarks is in order.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.

> Fellow Ibisians,

> It is not clear from the Ibis 2.1 spec whether or not the
> T-V curves (Rising Waveform and Falling Waveform) are supposed
> to be temperature interpolated in the same manner as the V-I
> curves or not.

> I am assuming temperature-interpolation for T-V curves is
> intended. If so the Ibis 2.1 comments should be appended
> to this effect.

> Chris

Text item: External Message Header