Re: bug in latest version of IBIS parser

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Thu Jan 19 1995 - 14:07:00 PST

To Everyone:

I agree with Stephen's reading of the Spec that no column (typ, min, max) of
any table (V/I tables or Waveform tables) can begin or end with NA's unless
all entries of that column are permitted to contain all NA entries (this
excludes the typ column) and actually contain all NA entries.

This was NOT what I meant because such a rule is in violation of the
existing IBIS_CHK parser operation for Version 1.1. It did not check for this
rule for the min and max columns of V/I Tables.

However, reasons for the rule apply equally well for V/I min and max columns. I
do not know of any IBIS models that currently violate the rule. Therefore I
recommend that the IBISCHK2 parser retain the check for IBIS compliance, but be
corrected so that the min and max columns can contain all NA entries.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.