Re: Experience with S2IBIS

From: Fred Vance <fvance@FirePower.COM>
Date: Thu Jul 13 1995 - 16:12:12 PDT

Hsin-Huei,

I have not used S2IBIS, but I have created IBIS models from SPICE models for use
with ASIC designs. The models I created were for use as behavioral HSPICE models.
This sounds circular (SPICE to IBIS to HSPICE), but IBIS SPICE models work a lot
better than transistor-level SPICE in some of my applications.

I have also converted SPICE models to XTK models using XTK's SPI2XTK utility. I
have even converted IBIS models to SPICE models so that I could then convert them
to XTK models.

Something that is not always clear to new users of IBIS models is that IBIS models
are independent of the tools that you use. If you are planning to use IBIS models
with SPICE or Quad Design's XTK tool set and I can be of help to you, let me know.

Fred Vance, Engineer
FirePower Systems, Inc. (We make computers.)
Menlo Park, CA