SPICE to IBIS

From: <mellitz@eagle.ColumbiaSC.NCR.COM>
Date: Fri Jul 21 1995 - 14:48:07 PDT

Hi All,

I'm a having a bit of difficulty with my understanding of the syntax for s2ibis.
I don't seem to understand how the [pin] syntax ties into the SPICE
model. Its not in the docs I have.

Take a simple example.

For a single transceiver (I/O). I would have 2 pins, power, ground and one
spice model. Lets ignore package parasitics for now.

Say my SPICE subcircuit looks like

.SUBCIRCUIT MYIO internal_data_out_pin io_pin VDD VSS

i.e.
                         |\
                     ____| \_____
                         | /
                         |/
  internal_data_out_pin io_pin

How do I tell s2ibis that the internal_data_out_pin is used for controlling
Vol pull up data and Voh pull down data when io_pin is an output?

How can I tell s2ibis to use a particular CMOS model (representative of
process) to be associated with a certain temperature at a specified
voltage. It would seem I would need to do this to get accurate min/max
numbers.

Richard Mellitz |
AT&T |
Global Information Solutions | richard.mellitz@columbiasc.attgis.com
3325 Platt Spring Road | Phone: (803)-939-6240
West Columbia, SC 29170 | Fax: (803)-939-7317