Re: bidirec-3state model

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: Fri Jul 28 1995 - 14:03:00 PDT

Text item:

Syed,

As far as I understand, I/O is what you need to use.

Input means there is only a receiver on that pin.

Output means that there is only a driver on that pin, which is constantly
driving either high or low.

I/O means that there is a receiver and a driver on that pin, which only makes
sense if the driver can be disabled or 3-stated so that the receiver can receive
signals from other chips on the bus and not just from its own driver.

3-state means that there is only a driver on that pin, but because the device is
used on a bus, where other devices are also driving, it must be able to float
also, even though it never "receives" signals.

What you are asking: "bi-directional 3-state" does not make sense to me in the
above context. Am I missing something, or is my answer what you needed to know?

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation
Hi,

How do I define the model type for a bi-directional 3-state pin.

I could use I/O but there is no defination for a I/O pin that can
be tri-statable.

Any suggestions..

Regards,
Syed