IBIS and SSO

From: Dileep Divekar <dileep@contec.contec.COM>
Date: Tue Feb 28 1995 - 22:05:25 PST

I have been reading the discussion about using
IBIS models for modeling simultaneous switching noise (SSN).
When the outputs are transitioning, the current thru
supply or ground leads causes a voltage drop in the
corresponding inductors, giving rise to SSN.
IBIS provides information about these parasitic inductors.
But based on my limited understanding of IBIS models,
they do not provide information as to the supply and
ground currents for each buffer when it is making a
transition. These currents will be different from
the dc I-V information provided for the output stage.
Perhaps some one who knows more about the IBIS specification
can provide a pointer to that information if it is already
available in the present IBIS specification.
Thanks.
Dileep Divekar
Contec Microelectronics
2188 Bering Drive