IBIS and SSO

From: Jon Powell <uunet!qdt.com!jonp@uunet.uu.net>
Date: Wed Mar 01 1995 - 17:07:24 PST

>transition. These currents will be different from
>the dc I-V information provided for the output stage.
>Perhaps some one who knows more about the IBIS specification
>can provide a pointer to that information if it is already
>available in the present IBIS specification.

There are, of course, different levels of accuracy, but the 2.1 IBIS
spec (with AC waveforms and pin connection maps) does give enough data
to model much of the risetime effects and current starvation effects of SSO
on output devices. There is more information that we could add to increase the
accuracy but in general I think you quickly get to a point where the most important
issues become sub nano-second skew time between drivers and the actual physical description of
the power routes which are not attainable in the IBIS level of information (and probably,
to the common customer, not at all in any format ever).

So it behoves us to make a good guess. (sorry, engineering approximation)

jonp