Re[2]: Parser, Case, Resolution

From: Will Hobbs <Will_Hobbs@ccm2.jf.intel.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 1995 - 15:56:25 PST

Text item:

Arpad,

I do not think we should act on this resolution without a meeting. It sounds
like we have a solution, but I don't think we should have Ron and Paul implement
until we discuss this among the licensees. If this can wait for resolution
until next Friday, that should be our first topic. Is this OK with everyone?

Will Hobbs
Intel Corp.

Kellee,

Very good, I agree with the recommendation you and Bob came up with. In fact I

thought I recommended the same thing in one of my EMAILs last week. I might not

have stated it clearly enough, because I didn't get any responses to it.

Another way of looking at this issue is that no other error message stops the
parser from running. Why should this do that? Just give a message and keep
running.

However, I have a minor thing to pick on.

I would issue an ERROR message and not just a warning, since it is a direct
violation of the spec. To be forgiving to case-insensitive systems, I would put

a statement in the error message that tells the user something like this:

"IBIS file names must be all lower case. Please ignore this message if you are

running in an operating system which does not allow case-sensitive file names."

Of course, the parser would continue parsing which it currently does in the case

of all other error messages.

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation