HTML ibis documents

From: Chrisopher E. Reid <cer@cadence.com>
Date: Mon Mar 13 1995 - 05:39:48 PST

Fellow Ibis'ers,

If there is really interest in having an HTML version of IBIS data
around then I suggest that the HTML version should be derived from
the IBIS format automatically. We do not want the headaches of keeping
two parallel data streams concurrent!

There are two options:

1) Define a new format that results in an HTML document that is also
   easily parsed automatically, or as I suggested above

2) Write a program that automatically converts from the current IBIS
   format to an HTML document.

I think option 2 is better since many people (such as us) already depend
on the current Ibis format and would find it burdensome to change that
format now.

Chris Reid
cer@cadence.com