Re[2]: IBIS meeting, resolution on CASE issue

From: Derrick Duehren <Derrick_Duehren@ccm2.jf.intel.com>
Date: Mon Mar 20 1995 - 13:55:02 PST

 I agree with Arpad, except I recommend dropping the word "should".

 So it would display as:

    "It is recommended that IBIS files not contain TAB characters"

 - Derrick

Subject: Re: IBIS meeting, resolution on CASE issue
Author: Arpad Muranyi at JFCCM3
Date: 3/20/95 12:51 PM

Kellee,

Regarding point 5) I think that the warning message should be milder, since it
is still legal to use TABs. It should say something like: "It is recommended
that IBIS files should not contain TAB characters"

Arpad

5) The parser should issue ONE warning if any tab characters are found in the
file. The Warning should inform the user that 'IBIS files should not contain
tab characters'.
   This is to prevent problems with editors expanding tabs differently and
ending up with files with lines over 80 characters because tabs were expanded
with say 8 characters instead of say 3 as the author intended.