Re: Ramp Rates

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Mon Mar 20 1995 - 19:54:00 PST

John,

Regarding quesiton 1, if 5V/2nS is the true ramp rate in compliance with
the NOTES ON DATA DERIVATION METHOD, replacing this with 2.5V/1nS is NOT
equivalent (assuming that the subparameter R_load has not changed) for
several reasons: (1) It would be in violaton of the specified measurement
conditions. (2) A different measurement condition that is not in compliance
with the stated conditions (e.g. a lower resistance load) would most likely
NOT give a 1nS risetime response, but something closer to 2nS. (3) The dV
value is actually redundant since it can be derived from the I/V characteristics
and test load DC conditions directly. If it is in conflict with the derived
value, I would use the derived value for consistency with I/V curve usaage
elsewhere in the IBIS model.

It is my interpretation to assume that dt_r and dt_f are the informative
portions of the [Ramp] specification and are to be used directly. Even
though the [Ramp] is given as a ratio, it should NOT be scaled. However,
I believe the frequency response approximation assumes Tr is the 10-90%
value, so the only scaling would be to multiply dt_r by (.8/.6) to
extrapolate to the 10-90% value, and similarly for dt_f.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.