New package model proposal by Steven Peters

From: <kellee@nwlink.com>
Date: Mon May 08 1995 - 16:59:33 PDT

From: Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.

I feel the last several emails are drifting off the central point.

Steven has presented an egg which appears to provided the data needed,
and do so in a fashion which is a direct extension from the original IBIS work.
We already support both the discrete and matrix approaches the Steven suggested.

Steven has simply suggested extending this to allow multiple levels.

In terms of providing a more advanced simulation. I believe that the next
IBIS modeling
standard after the simple extension suggested by Steven Peters should
include a physical
representation.

Why create yet another method of describing the package when we have a
method ala
Steven that extends what we alredy have and performs the job very nicely.

Am I missing something here?

Keep it Simple is usually the best approach and it seems to me that Steven
has obseved the KISS principle.

Have a great day...Kellee Crisafulli, HyperLynx Inc.