New package model proposal:

From: Stephen Peters <speters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Wed May 10 1995 - 14:27:03 PDT

Hello All:

>Even though I see the similarities between PCBs and MCMs or other types of
>packages, I strongly disagree with your wish to be able to handle SIMMs as if
>they were packages. SIMMs are clearly printed circuit boards with multiple
>components on them and they should be handled as such.

     Thank you, Arpad and Fred, for so clearly defining the bounds of the
problem. Once your beyond the I/O bufer and its immediate mechanical
housing, your into a different problem space, so to speak....

     Best Regards,
     Stephen Peters
     Intel Corp.

P.S. Thank you Fred for your IBISain of the year nomination. I just hesitate
to think what the prize might be <grin>.