Fwd: Re: IBIS Minutes 10/27/95

From: MR RONALD J CHRISTOPHER <EGJJ77A@prodigy.com>
Date: Thu Nov 09 1995 - 08:06:16 PST

-- [ From: Ron Christopher * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Don and John Beatty,

System delay will have this same problem. A standard mechanism is
required so that the same optional buffer I/O configuration is chosen
for the IBIS model as is chosen for the abstracted delay model. The
IBIS folk believe that the criteria for choosing the proper
programmable buffer I/O model is sometimes too complex to automate
based on design data.

A standard selection file used by IBIS and the delay process could be
one answer.

Ron Christopher
------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

> Date: Thursday, 02-Nov-95 12:42 PM
>
> From: Arpad Muranyi \ Internet:
> (arpad_muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com)
> To: Ron Christopher \ PRODIGY: (EGJJ77A)
>
> Subject: Re: IBIS Minutes 10/27/95
>
> Text item:
>
> Jon,
>
> Reading the minutes, I see your concern about large boards. However,
> don't think that this can only be done through interactive user
> interface.
>
> The simulator tool could have a macro, or an external buffer
selection
> response file, or simulation configuration file, or something like
that,
> through which the "user responses" (buffer selections other than
> defaults) are all available (predetermined).
>
> With this method you have an option to do it completely invisibly (as
in a
> batch job which runs overnight), as well as through interactive user
> interface (as in experimenting and what if simulations).
>
> Arpad

==

------- FORWARD, End of original message -------