IBIS modeling questions

From: Greg Edlund <grege@chensys.com>
Date: Thu Nov 09 1995 - 11:01:50 PST

Anybody care to take a stab at these?

1. I was discussing IBIS model support with one of
   our IC vendors, and they raised a concern about
   ESD diode SPICE models not being accurate at
   -5 V and + 10 V. Any clues about how to get
   around this without setting up a test lab? Why
   do you need such a wide range in the first place,
   since nobody operates out there?

2. When will s2ibis 2.0 be available on Windows?
   Actually, I'd be happy with DOS, but that's
   probably not in the plan...

3. Has anybody written a "theory of operations"
   paper on behavioral simulators? For instance, if
   I have a simple behavioral driver model (no ESD
   diodes, no package) driving a 50 Ohm transmission
   line terminated at the far end into 50 Ohms, how
   do I calculate the current and voltage vs. time at
   the output of the driver? At the far end? This
   must be an easy problem to solve. I'd like to
   write a little C program to do this so I can better
   understand IBIS and critically compare it to SPICE.
   (For the sake of accuracy in system design issues,
   not so I can write another simulator!)

4. Has anybody thought about organizing an IBIS
   users group and mailing list?

Thanks in advance,

--
Greg Edlund                +----+----+