Pullup/down data

From: Tareq Shahwan <tareq@sh-gpl.ti.com>
Date: Mon Nov 13 1995 - 14:04:27 PST

All,

 I need some clarification on the following :

 (1) When running simulations on an "input buffer with Bus-Hold" to extract clamp
     data, should the bus-hold circuitry be disconnected ?. In other words,
     should we include the contribution from the Bus-Hold circuit in the clamp data.
     I would think not, any suggestions ?
 (2) Similarly, some of our devices have the so called Power-on-demand (POD) feature
     on the output buffer. In a BiCMOS device, this feature works to reduce the
     base current in the pulldown transistor when the output voltage is below a preset
     level, thereby reducing power consumption. While this circuitry can be
     disconnected in a simulation, it is always present in real-life. Again, should
     the effect of such circuit be incorporated into the pulldown data ?.

  Please advise !

Regards,
Tareq Shahwan, ABI Applications