Re: IBIS MINUTES 10/6/95

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: Mon Oct 16 1995 - 09:10:00 PDT

Text item:

Bob,

I did not see it written down in the minutes, that I mentioned that the added
disclaimer should be appended to the existing one without repeating the keyword
"Disclaimer" if a disclaimer already exists in the file.

I favor this approach vs. the comment character approach ("|") because comments
are most often ignored. Disclaimers are more important, and they sould not be
ignored like comments.

Arpad
 GOLDEN PARSER UPDATE
 A bug producing a "BUG" versus the correct "ERROR" message has been
 discovered in the Beta 9 release (and earlier versions) when [Package]
 is omitted entirely. The corrections is minor, so a small test version
 is being distributed to validate the fix. Upon approval, the final
 release will be put on vhdl.org. Bob Ross reported that the ibischk2
 directory is in place.

 Another difference has been recently discovered. IBIS Version 1.1
 supports multiple [Disclaimer] keywords, but when the files are designated
 Version 2.1, an error is reported. This impacts attaching the generic
 IBIS disclaimer along with the disclaimer within the model. The work
 around is to put the "|" in front of the IBIS disclaimer or to eliminate
 the second keyword entirely. It was decided not to fix this problem
 at this time (causing further delay), but to wait until a possible
 future correction release if other probems are found.

 Once the corrected ibischk2 is checked, the process to post it will
 be done through Jon Powell to make the executables, and Bob Ross to
 put them on vhdl.org per AR's of the last meeting.

 AR - Bob Ross post a note when ibischk2 version 10 is checked. [Done]

Text item: External Message Header