Bird 28 and sign on matrix data

From: Stephen Peters <speters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Tue Sep 05 1995 - 11:05:52 PDT

Hello All:

     The question has been asked about the 'proper' way to
treat the sign of the off diagonal elements in the coupling
matrixes defined in IBIS. As both Eric Bracken and Dileep
Divekar have rightly pointed out, the sign of the off diagonal
element is negative. However, Bird 28 specifies that the
value should be entered as a positive number. I did this because
the CAD programs I have delt with output their coupling matrixes this
way. I have no objection to specifing negative values but I would
like to get the simulator vendor's input. Is there some technical
reason that the off diagonal elements NEED to be specfied one way
or the other? Just asking....

           Regards,
           Stephen Peters