Re: BIRD30 Prog. Buffers Comment

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Wed Sep 06 1995 - 13:00:00 PDT

Jon:

My view is that the selection of various buffer types would be done through
a user interface extension for the simulator. It could be directly based
on model names associated with the [Model Selector] name or by some other
method based on using the description information. The user would have
to set up the mapping if it differs from the default.

The default pin mapping will be set up. The user would have to modify
the IBIS file to change the default mapping.

Any non-default mapping selection done within the IBIS file would require
editing the file. Therefore the selection method needs to be external
to the IBIS file. I do not know of any way to standardize on this for
a variety of whatif and semiautomatic selection applications.

Bob Ross,
Interconnectix, Inc.