Re: V/I transition curves

From: Jon Powell <uunet!qdt.com!jonp@uunet.uu.net>
Date: Wed Sep 13 1995 - 11:36:40 PDT

>>Hi IBISians!
>>According to the information in IBIS documents only one curve for
>>Low and High states are given. Assuming that the device Low-High or
>>High-Low transtion takes some time, the transition data would be
>>neccessary, one way that I can think of is scaling the V/I curves
>>for this purpose. I am looking for other ways to do this thing,so
>>can any of you IBISians help me in this matter?
>>
>>Viva IBIS!!
>>
>>peivand

The transistion information is meant to be inherent in the AC rising and
falling T/V curves that are in the 2.1 spec. By looking at how the device
drives different loads you can calculate the IV transition shape.

For devices without AC data (ie. v1.1 models) you have to assume standard
CMOS/TTL transistor behavior.

jonp