Re: HERE IS: published circuit of non-monotonic output driver

From: C. Kumar <cpk@cadence.com>
Date: Mon Sep 18 1995 - 06:56:48 PDT

I want to clarify the following regarding non monotonic curves:

1. In IBIS 2.1 you can specify non monotonic VI curves of the type referred to in Mark Johnson's email. IBIS specification is a data holder mechanism and as such does not preclude non monotonic data.

2. You can certainly use these curves "unaltered" in simulation. Convergence problems are certainly a possiblity, but then it is so for non linear simulation in general. So using these curves properly is the responsibility of the SIMULATION VENDOR.

I hope this helps.

C. Kumar
Cadence Design Systems
280 Billerica Rd