Re: Use of IBIS

From: Jon Powell <uunet!qdt.com!jonp@uunet.uu.net>
Date: Mon Sep 25 1995 - 09:04:30 PDT

Quad supports IBIS for static timing verification in the following manner
(which we consider the right way to do it, by the way):

XTK uses IBIS to model transmission line effects for highly accurate analog
simulations. From these Simulations and knowledge of Time to VM for the driver
and logic thresholds for the receiver we calculate min max pin to pin delay data
which is communicated to MOTIVE (our static timing analysis tool) thourgh IDD or
SDF file formats.

Regards,
jon powell
quad design