Re: [Resistance Matrix] keyword

From: C. Kumar <cpk@cadence.com>
Date: Mon Apr 08 1996 - 08:04:54 PDT

The resistance matrix is resistance(not conductance) and the off diagonal elements can be zero.

Let us take an example of 2 pin system

V = [R]I (1)

where [R] is a 2x2 matrix

r11 r12
r21 r22

V and I are vectors V = (v1 v2) and I=(i1 i2) whcih define the voltage and currents

The expanded form of equation 1 is

v1 = r11 * i1 + r12 * i2
v2 = r21 * i1 + r22 * i2

You can see that the off diagonal terms can be zero without producing a
short circuit

Regards
- kumar