Re: BIRD31.2 - Mated Models

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Mon Apr 29 1996 - 14:27:00 PDT

To Arpad, Stephen and IBIS committee.

In every case in IBIS, the subparameter syntax "XXX = yyy" requires that
"yyy" be numerical. I do not feel it is necessary to make a syntactical
exception which could create confusion elsewhere.

One option is to make Tedge_rate optional. The omission of the subparameter
is effectively identical to "Tedge_rate = NA". I would prefer this option.
Then "Tedge_rate = 0" can mean no limit.

Another alternative is to develop another syntax such as

[Define Mated Model] Tedge_rate

Tedge_rate is a numerical value or NA. Again I am sensitive to setting
up unnecessary deviations from existing conventions.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.