Re: BIRD31.2 - Mated Models

From: Stephen Peters <speters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Mon Apr 29 1996 - 14:54:18 PDT

Hello Bob:

   Ok, you win <grin>. Seriously, I think this is a valid argument
for making Tedge_rate an optional parameter. HOWEVER, it should be
clearly stated that if the parameter is missing, the Tedge_rate
information is unavailable and the user can make no assumptions about
the suitablility of the model for high frequency simulations.

                 Regards,
                 Stephen

To Arpad, Stephen and IBIS committee.

In every case in IBIS, the subparameter syntax "XXX = yyy" requires that
"yyy" be numerical. I do not feel it is necessary to make a syntactical
exception which could create confusion elsewhere.

One option is to make Tedge_rate optional. The omission of the subparameter
is effectively identical to "Tedge_rate = NA". I would prefer this option.
Then "Tedge_rate = 0" can mean no limit.

Another alternative is to develop another syntax such as

[Define Mated Model] Tedge_rate

Tedge_rate is a numerical value or NA. Again I am sensitive to setting
up unnecessary deviations from existing conventions.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.