process parameters

From: Hoang Nguyen <hoang@msai.mea.com>
Date: Tue Aug 13 1996 - 12:43:09 PDT

Hello All,

I have the following questions regarding process parameters.

1. If a process file supplies all three sets: TYP, BEST, WORST, should I
   provide in the model the process corner for typ, min, max according to
   the following conditions: (for rise, fall, pullup, pulldown tables) ?
        typ: typ VCC, TYPICAL process parameters
        min: min VCC, WORST process parameters
        max: max VCC, BEST process parameters

   The conditions above provide the best process corner information, without
   having to generate three separate models, each for a TYP/BEST/WORST process.

2. If a process file supplies only TYP parameters, then
        typ: typ VCC, TYPICAL process parameters
        min: min VCC, TYPICAL process parameters
        max: max VCC, TYPICAL process parameters

    as recommended in the cookbook.

Even for item 1 above, I could use only TYPICAL process parameters as in item 2,
but I'm afraid this won't have as much accuracy. Please comment.

Thanks,

Hoang Nguyen