Re: Use of femto scaling in IBIS models

From: Jon Powell <uunet!qdt.com!jonp@uunet.uu.net>
Date: Mon Dec 02 1996 - 10:13:05 PST

> > At one time we were debating whether in cases like this, when the parser didn't
> > agree with the spec, which one should take precedence. If I remember correctly
> > we voted for the parser. In this light, the Intel models are not illegal.
> > (Someone correct me if I am wrong).
>
> I don't question what may have have been previously discussed ... but
> in my mind the only correct answer is that the spec ALWAYS takes
> precedence, no matter what you're talking about. If the spec and the
> parser disagree, you fix the parser.

We did vote to make the parser the spec. But when we went for ANSI
standarization, the whole "the parser is the spec" thing went out the
window. Now the voted spec is the bible and the parser must be changed
or considered wrong. (this is my opinion but I bet that ANSI/EIA would
hold us to this).

Jon