Who is using these ? -Reply

From: Real Mongrain <mongrain@cae.ca>
Date: Fri Dec 06 1996 - 12:38:36 PST

Syed,

   I can tell you that there's a big difference between simulation results using a model having the [Pin
Mapping] field and the same model without any pin mapping. Of course the simulator have to
support it. Most of the model i got don't have the Pin Mapping field and i have to add it to the model
because it gives more accurate results in multi-line simulations.

Real Mongrain Jr.
CAE Electronics Ltd.

>>> Syed Huq <huq@rockie.nsc.com> 12/06/96 03:07pm >>>
Hi,

This is an open question to ANY Model provider:

Is anyone providing model data on the parameters mentioned below ?

If yes, Can you pls send me an E-mail, I would like to understand
how they are used.

If NO reponse is received, my assumptions would be, even though these
keywords are part of the IBISv2.1 spec, they are not being used at all.

[Package Model] Defines package param in Matrix format
[Pin Mapping]
[Pullup Reference]
[Pulldown Reference]
[POWER Clamp Reference]
[GND Clamp Reference]
[Rgnd] [Rpower] [Rac] [Cac] Defines a Terminator Model

Regards,
Syed
National Semiconductor Corp.