IBIS Summit Call for Presentations, 2nd try

From: Will Hobbs <Will_Hobbs@ccm.jf.intel.com>
Date: Mon Jan 08 1996 - 08:28:00 PST

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: Will Hobbs at JFCCM16
Date: 1/5/96 6:12PM
To: ibis@vhdl.org at SMTPGATE
Subject: IBIS Summit Call for Presentations
I sent this out on Friday, and it didn't echo back to me, so I'm assuming it
didn't get out. Here's my second attempt.

Will

Greetings, fellow Ibisers!

This is a call for presentations at the upcoming IBIS Summit.

On Monday, January 29, 1996, there will be a general session (Summit)
of the IBIS Open Forum, a.k.a. EIA IBIS Committee. This is an open
meeting for anyone with an interest in the IBIS standard, ANSI EIA-656,
to meet and share information, move the technology forward and define
future goals. The primary focus of this meeting will be technical,
rather than administrative. This meeting will be hosted by National
Semiconductor in Santa Clara, with the details of time and place to be
issued soon.

In the summit, we plan to address experiences, technical challenges,
success stories, current efforts, etc., among three major groups of IBIS
participants:

- Users, model consumers, signal integrity engineers
- IC vendors
- EDA vendors

To make this summit a success, we need people to make presentations,
which can be from 20 to 30 minutes in length. Possible topics for
individual presentations include the following:

     * What your company is doing with IBIS, how it is tackling IBIS
       challenges
     * Where you think we need to go with IBIS for Version 3.0
     * New technologies/areas you've tackled with IBIS (MCM, connectors,
       RFI/EMC, ...)
     * Customer input, feedback
     * Plans you would be willing to share
     * Areas of current exploration (e.g., improved diode modeling,
       complex packages)
     * Model development, validation methodologies
     * Model usage, shortcomings, strengths, wishes
     * Data derivation methodologies (measured and/or simulated)
     * Auto-extraction of V/I and other IBIS data from SPICE
       simulations, silicon
     * Models available
     * Other (Specify) ___________________

- Can you volunteer to present at the summit?
- On what topic?
- How much time do you need?

We will also discuss pending Birds, and try to refine or resolve them,
and generally have a good time.

Please reply to Will Hobbs, will_hobbs@jf.ccm.intel.com before Friday,
1/12/96.

I will be working with Syed Huq of National Semiconductor and Bob Ross
of Interconnectix on an agenda based on responses I receive from this
call for presentations. Help make the January, 1996 IBIS Summit the most
successful one to date!

Thanks, and Best Regards,

Will Hobbs
Chairman, EIA IBIS Committee, and
Server Component System Validation Manager
Intel Corp.