Re: NEW EGG?

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Sat Jan 13 1996 - 14:00:00 PST

Subject: Re: NEW EGG?

Several Comments Below:

*************

1/8/96 Bob Ross writes (private to Arpad):

P.S., regarding your potential EGG, we presume only one R_load. There is
a potential need for two R_loads, but we opted for the complete [Rising ...]
description rather than add MANY other details to the [Ramp] - such as
termination voltages with typ, low, high values, etc.

We cover situations in our tool by a hierarchy of choices:

If more than 2 [Rising Waveform]s, use FIRST two [Rising Waveform]s.
If 2 [Rising Waveform]s - use both, unless mathematical convergence problem,
        then use FIRST [Rising Waveform]
        (Note, the R_fixtures can be different, but for convergence in our
         system, the V_fixtures usually also have to be different to
         avoid a singularity)
If 1 [Rising Waveform] use it.
If 0 [Rising Waveform] use [Ramp] and dV/dt_r

Same for Falling Waveforms, treated independent of Rising Waveforms.

Note, these sequences would apply independently for any column (typ, min, max).

While Simulators which can process Version 2.1 models, but do not have the
Waveform capability would be stuck with a single R_load per IBIS 1.1 as the
best approximation.