Re: Bird 35

From: Bob Ross <bob@icx.com>
Date: Wed Jun 12 1996 - 18:52:00 PDT

Jon and IBIS Committee:

Eventually examples with numerical tables will be needed to support some
our observations. A brief response to your comments is:

(1) While perhaps not stated, my intention was to support through individual
Waveform tables the capability of turning on and off a particular internal
driver. Also, a particular stage could function in just the rising or
falling direction only. The [Rising Waveform(x)] table of stage x could
go from low to high and then return to the low state. The [Falling
Waveform(x)] table could just be held constant at the low state.

Also my intention was to allow [Pullup(x)] or [Pulldown(x)] only stages.

(2) You make a point that a scheduling table could be considered to define
the relative phasing of the stages. It would be clearer to have this
information in one area and allow easier adjustment to match the internal
phasing activity with a know external response. The actual rise/fall time
shapes are still in the Waveform tables. So I expect to have some scheduling
syntax. The scheduling could still work withing the BIRD35 proposal to
schedule the internal stages. One stated preference was to group the
information in one [Model] versus just scheduling several existing models.

One of the aspects of the proposed grouping and restrictions is to avoid
having duplicate characteristics in the model. Thus the [Power Clamp]
and [Gnd Clamp] tables appear only once. Similarly for the [Model]
subparameters. The package characteristics would apply just to the
total model.

Bob Ross
Interconnectix, Inc.