Ringback in Universal Signaling Buffers

From: Ben Andresen <andresen@asic.sc.ti.com>
Date: Wed Mar 06 1996 - 07:33:27 PST

It's not correct to say all the energy will ringback. Remember the PMOS driver
stage remains on and sinks current into the 3.3V bus during overshoot. It will
sink even more current than the V/I curves predict for the PMOS driver with a given
drain-source voltage because the gate-source voltage is higher when the pin voltage
exceeds the 3.3V supply level.

Ben andresen@asic.sc.ti.com