Re: SULTAN DONWLOAD

From: Andy Ingraham <ingraham@wrksys.ENET.dec.com>
Date: Fri Mar 08 1996 - 15:37:22 PST

I copied "sultan.ps" from vhdl.org and successfully printed it, with one
minor modification.

The original file wouldn't print on my printer because of a command
"a4tray", which I guess is probably an European thing that we don't find
on our printers here in the States. "A4" size paper is similar to our
"A" (8.5 x 11 inch) size.

The fix that worked for me was to locate this section of text:

/lline 0 array def
logme
a4
/initialstate save def
/PSpagelength 3150 def

and delete just the line that has simply "a4". It's line number 750.
That worked for my printer, but this being PostScript, there are no
guarantees.

Since "sultan.ps" contains some rather wide lines of text (up to 573
characters wide), that also might cause a problem should they become
truncated, or line-wrapped inappropriately. When you edit the file,
use an editor that doesn't impose its own line-wrapping.

Regards,
Andy Ingraham