RE: IBIS comments to the EDIF committee

From: Stephen Peters <speters@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Thu May 23 1996 - 10:16:36 PDT

Hello David:

    Yes, that looks like the major points. Thanks again for your
    effort in getting comments back to the EDIF committee.

              Regards,
              Stephen

Stephen,

You're correct about RLCs for discretes...I had active parts on the
brain for some
reason. I will propose a location for storage of these values, since
there isn't one
now. Is there anything else other than the following that would possibly
need to be
described for a 'physical' netlist :
- active model (IBIS link)
- passive model (RLC values in EDIF)
- physical topology (layers, traces/vias, part geometries, etc. in EDIF)

Note that we don't have to be all-inclusive here...but if we don't get
something into
the spec now we will end up adding generic name/value properties that we
can't
require anyone to recognize.

David Wiens