Re[7]: Ramp Def. ?? (fwd)

From: Arpad Muranyi <Arpad_Muranyi@ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: Fri Nov 01 1996 - 09:31:00 PST

Text item:

Jeffery,

Thanks for your note. You are absolutely right about refraining ourselves from
sarcasm. I admit that I some times do write sarcastic things, or some times I
am trying to be funny which doesn't always come trhough in a written form.

But re-eading the quoted text below, I can't find anything like that. I am not
sure if you are referring to the lawyer part or the statement about "you were
the first one...", but I meant both in an honest, respectful and serious way. I
apologize if I offended anyone with what I wrote, and I will watch my mouth
(pen, or keyboard) in the future more carefully.

Just a note: We all have a different cultural background; I personally came to
the US when I was over 24 years old. Having different experiences in life could
cause situations when something I say seriously, might sound funny, or offending
to others or vica versa.

Again, apologies if I hurt anyone.

Sincerely,

Arpad Muranyi
Intel Corporation

This is the first time I have responded and not for what I would have liked.
We ALL must remember that the level of experience for this reflector site
ranges from NCG to Guru. When a reponse is given it should be in the
context that is to the point and understandable by a wide audience.
What is clear as day to one may not be for MANY others.

The reason for this site is to bounce ideas off each other and to EDUCATE
others. What has happened in the case below is a side comment has been read
as sarcasm, which can be demeaning to the person(s) reading the mail. When
I read the original response from Arpad I detected sarcasm whether it was
meant or not. Sorry Arpad....

I have noticed a rash of unsubscribe lately, I hope it is for other reasons.
Now lets move forward and get on with technical portion of our show.....

I concede my soap box...

Jeffery....